Small Japanese Singing Bowls 7.6 cm
Small Japanese Singing Bowls with Brocade cushion and Stupa design mallet 7.6 cm diameter
These are beautiful looking Japanese Singing Bowls. These singing bowls are mostly used for decoration. As these are very small, these bowls do not play as good as the bigger ones but play soft tones while rubbing the outer edge. It produces beautiful bell sound when struck with the mallet.
Singing Bowls also known as meditation chakra bowls, healing singing bowls or Himalayan singing bowls have been widely used since from the ancient times in Nepal and Tibet mostly by the Buddhist monks for meditation ,religious ceremonial music, traditional ritual offerings, for praying as praying bowls and as traditional musical instruments.
Comprised of the seven metals representing different planetary influences:
* Gold = the sun
* Silver = the moon
* Mercury = Mercury
* Copper = Venus
* Iron = Mars
* Tin = Jupiter
* Lead = Saturn
These singing bowls are also used as bowls for rice feeding or food bowls mostly in the Himalayan region in the early days.
Singing Bowls produce a wonderful singing/humming sound when they are hit,tapped, struck or rubbed by a singing bowls wooden striker/mallet or dowel.
Singing bowls are used for meditation, sound therapy, healing, sound massage and more. Nowadays singing bowls are used for medical cures and treatment by the technique of sound therapy, sound massage as a tool for holistic healing, calm the nervous system and reviving brain functions and have successful results in the treatment.
Notes and Chakras:
1. The Crown Chakra is positioned at the very top of ones head. Violet is the shade of the crown chakra, and the musical note is B.
2. The 3rd Eye, or Pineal chakra is located in the center of the forehead. Darker blue is their color, and their notes are A and A#.
3. The Heart and High Heart chakra is positioned in the center of the chest. Green is the shade of the heart chakra and the musical note is F or F#. In some cases the heart chakra is revealed as pink, specifically for relationships and sending love from ones heart.
4. The Solar Plexus chakra is found midway in between the end of the breastbone and the navel. Yellow is the shade of the solar plexus chakra and the musical note is E.
5. The Sacral chakra and the Sexual chakra is positioned in placed area between the navel and the pubic bone. Its color is orange, and the musical note is D and D#.
6. The Root and Om chakras are found at the base of the spinal column. It is connected with problems of survival, drive, aspiration, and grounding ones energies in the physical body. Its color is red and its note is C and C#.
7. The Throat Chakra and Zeal Chakras are located in the base of the the throat. It is related to communication, phrasing, and speaking the truth. Lighter blue is the color of the throat chakra, and the note for it is G and G#.
How to play Singing bowl ?
1. Hold the bowl in the palm of either hand.
2. With the mallet, rub the outside rim in a circular motion. Keep an even pressure.
3. Gently increase the speed as the bowl begins to vibrate, and as the sound grows. It may help to tap the bowl to begin the vibration.
4. Or enjoy the exotic sound by just tapping the bowl.
4.5cm/ 1.8" H
7.6 cm Ø / 3" Ø diameter
Stupa Design Stick=8.9cmL/3.5"L
230 Grams (Singing Bowl Weight)
5 Grams (Cushion Weight)
15 Grams (Stupa Design Stick Weight)